I am very lucky–had a good job during the recession that allowed me to buy my first home at a low price at age 27. Most of my friends are just now in this financial position, but challenged from finding permanant housing as they are […]
ABOUT PORTLAND FOR EVERYONE
Portland for Everyone is also a coalition of community organizations, individuals, and local businesses that support those land use policies that will help provide abundant, diverse & affordable housing options in all of Portland’s neighborhoods. Together, we urge the Portland City Council and other civic leaders to make inclusive and equitable land use and funding decisions that will:
- Provide plenty of affordable and diverse housing options in all Portland neighborhoods
- Prioritize housing for historically and currently under-served populations
- Prioritize housing for humans over housing for cars
- Allow more people to live in areas with good access to transportation, parks, and services, and
- Create and maintain economically diverse neighborhoods.
Coalition members have also submitted their own thoughts about why they are committed to finding housing solutions – read their statements here.
Portland for Everyone is also a program of 1000 Friends of Oregon, the non-profit advocacy, education, and research organization dedicated to protecting and strengthening Oregon’s land use planning program.
Submit Your Housing Story
Please take a moment and tell us your story about your experience owning, buying, renting, or even just dreaming about a home in Portland. See more stories from others in Portland here.